Our client is looking to recruit for a Trainee Recruitment Consultant Apprentice.
The aim of this role is to ultimately become a 360 recruitment consultant working with your own client base and undertaking all aspects of a recruitment consultant’s role.
During your initial training you will work closely with one senior recruitment consultant and then later independently alongside them. You will start your training by assisting them as a Resourcer, sourcing and qualifying candidates for their roles and carrying out related administrative tasks.
As you become comfortable with your initial responsibilities your role will gradually widen to involve more candidate contact and liaison. From here you will be trained in business development and client management with the aim of gradually taking over and developing a portfolio of your own clients. At this stage you will become an independent fee earner and be able to join the company commission scheme.
- Searching for candidates on the CRM and online including job boards and LinkedIn
- Sharing good candidates with the wider team
- Going through advertising responses
- Writing and posting job advertisements
- Inputting and updating candidate information on the system
- Telephone screening candidates for roles
- Submitting candidates to jobs under supervision
- Regular LinkedIn posting and activity
Advanced Candidate work:
- Fully assessing a candidate’s suitability for your roles from their CV and from your screening calls
- Editing candidate CVs and preparing them for submission
- Submitting CVs to clients and following through for feedback
- Managing your candidate through the whole application process including preparing them for interview and debriefing them afterwards.
- Managing the candidate through the offer and acceptance process.
- Post placement candidate aftercare
- Recording all stages and activities on the CRM
360 Consultant work:
- Taking a full job specification
- Managing the client through the job application and interviewing process
- Managing client offers and negotiating positive results for both client and candidate
- Business development to bring new clients onboard
- Negotiating terms of business
- Building long-term relationships with existing and potential clients both on the phone and face to face (when possible)
- Putting all the necessary notes and paperwork on the system
- Post placement aftercare
- IT literate
- Articulate and able to stand their ground with senior professionals
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Team player
- Able to communicate effectively in written English
- Sales experience
Desired personal skills
- Hard working and prepared to go the extra mile
- Results focussed – can demonstrate having worked effectively towards goals in the past
- Strong relationship builder
- Ability to influence and present a persuasive argument
- Interest in and aptitude for social media and social selling
- Some knowledge of law or the legal world
- GCSE grades A-C (8-4) or equivalent in English and Maths
- Potential to progress into a full time permanent member of staff after successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
|Job Category||Recruitment Consultant|
|Hours||Full time, Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week|
|Salary||£18k per annum depending on experience|