Our client is a fast-growing, business-only, full-service, global Internet Service Provider based in Brighton, UK and New York, USA. They provide a complete suite of internet products such as connectivity, VoIP, LAN consultancy, network support, Wi-Fi installations and IP CCTV.
They have an exciting apprenticeship opportunity for a talented individual to join a small technical team based in their Brighton office to assist in the provision, installation and support of these products and their customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helpdesk / Customer Support – Providing both remote and customer facing technical support, including the lifecycle of a ticket, from raising and logging a fault, troubleshooting through to resolution in a timely manner, reducing customer impact of a service affecting issue.
- Service Monitoring – Closely tracking internal systems for events and reacting accordingly to prevent service incidents or outages.
- Technical Administration – Verifying, ordering, managing and provisioning connectivity and voice products.
- Internal Support – Assisting with company systems and LAN equipment.
- Process Documentation – Recording and detailing devised processes and procedures for internal reference.
- Ad Hoc Tasks– Assisting on various projects and onsite installations as required.
- Interdepartmental Liaising – interfacing with other departments regarding ongoing orders and projects.
- Supplier Management – Developing relationships with our extensive partner base and telecom carriers.
Core Competencies, Experience and Education:
- Previous experience working in a Helpdesk / 1st Line support role preferable but not essential.
- Basic network understanding ideally to include some knowledge Routers, Switches, Firewalls, VoIP, LAN / WAN.
- Willingness to pursue an ongoing self-development Cisco Certification path with training resources provided.
- An ability to learn new technologies.
- Strong attention to detail incorporating excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A competent telephone manner with the ability to listen and quickly understand customer issues.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- An ability to establish and maintain effective administration processes.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Positive, flexible, proactive attitude with a strong sense of responsibility to ensure the highest standards are met throughout the business.
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm. 37.5hrs per week|
|Salary||£17,000 - £20,000 depending on experience|