Our client is a state funded Academy with a specialism in sport and entrepreneurship for 11-18 year olds. They are looking for a pastoral administrator to complete a Business Administration Apprenticeship.
- Check electronic registration, taking steps to clarify and verify attendance where necessary by checking messages sent to the academy and the absence of some students
- Monitor the registration procedures and investigate and challenge discrepancies, to keep these procedures prompt and accurate
- Send text messages home to report on the first day of unaccounted absence of any students
- Use SIMS Attendance module to input codes for students requiring additional information concerning their attendance
- Track the attendance of students, alerting pastoral staff about attendance problems and producing reports as requested by SLT, HoY and external agencies, as required
- Regularly produce letters for sending home, reporting good or poor attendance and behaviour and support any initiatives engaged in by the academy
- Regularly liaise with the EWO in identifying students regarding attendance concerns
- Support meetings by compiling data reports on individual children
- Liaise with parents or carers, applying both academy and national policies on attendance
- Be a first point of contact for admissions within the academy, liaising with the Local Authority, academy admissions, parents or carers and Heads of Year.
- Maintain a level of confidentiality as necessary, whilst sharing concerns/relevant information with appropriate staff, in relation to pastoral issues
- Daily punctuality data entry and administration.
- Ensure that communications are sent out to parents in a timely manner
- Generate parent/carer letters for the pastoral team.
- Support the coordination and administration of rewards for students.
- Cover receptionist staff during breaks and absences as and when necessary
- Provide secretarial, clerical and administrative support to teaching and non-teaching staff
- Support with the administration associated with Progress Evenings, Open Evenings and other key academy events, providing front of house support where required
- Undertake other related duties which may be required from time to time within a reasonable workload.
- GCSE grade 4/C or above in English and Maths, or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Potentially permanent role offered after completion of apprenticeship.
|Job Category||Business Administration|
|Hours||Monday – Thursday, 8am – 4:30pm & Friday 8am – 3:30pm. 39 weeks per year (Term time only)|
|Salary||£7,466.56 per annum|