Our client based in Haywards Heath is looking to recruit an IT Infrastructure Technician Apprentice. Meeting the needs of the various teams within the Trust in terms of IT and Digital support is a crucial element of this role and there is therefore a customer service focus as well as the technical element.
- To install, configure and test new ICT equipment and network systems, including hardware, peripherals, and software, and its updates, according to manufacturer instructions and ensure that they operate to maximum potential;
- Machine set ups deployment of standard images for PCs and laptops;
- Maintenance, monitoring and upgrading of end user ICT equipment including the repair of defective equipment to guarantee the availability of the network;
- Maintain the assets database with new and updated hardware and software following Academy policies for audit requirement such as carrying out annual audit checks;
- Ensure the Internet connectivity, hardware and software are available as a teaching tool;
- Setting up of equipment prior to training sessions or assemblies;
- To implement the Academy’s Network and ICT Policy including reference to the backup, virus, filtering, and firewall and security procedures;
- To provide a proactive 1st line support for the ICT equipment and software applications installed for the end user including help desk support;
- Participate in Academy activities such as team meetings and appraisal procedures
- Good numerical and literacy skills are desirable;
- good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritise are essential;
- media orientated would be advantageous.
- Organised individual with flexibility
- Willingness to learn.
- GCSE English and Math – minimum grade 4 / C (or equivalent)
- This role is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring IT technician to learn new skills and progress within the IT field, gaining valuable job experience.
- There may be scope for a permanent position with the opportunity for professional development and career pathway once the apprenticeship has been completed. The role is term time only but there may be the opportunity to work ad hoc days during the school holidays.
|Job Category||Infrastructure Technician|
|Hours||35 hour per week, term time only|
|Salary||£8.93 per hour|