Our client based in Eastbourne is looking to recruit an Early Years Practitioner Apprentice to join their growing team.
- Participate within the staff team to create a stimulating, caring environment for the children.
- Plan, prepare, implement, and participate in activities that promote the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development of the children in the Nursery, ensuring that activities are consistent with the Nursery Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Regularly observe the children to ascertain which activities are best suited to the needs of the individual and the group, ensuring that all activities develop each child to his/her fullest potential.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment always exists and be familiar with all emergency and safety procedures.
- Communicate and consult with parents about the day-to-day needs of the children and encourage parent involvement.
- Assist with keeping the register when necessary.
- Support, liaise, and communicate with all staff members in order to foster a team approach to the running of the Nursery, including attending staff meetings.
- Consult with staff working different hours so that all may be familiar with all aspects of the day’s work.
- Be responsible for own key worker group (not bank staff)
- Provide coverage in times of emergency and staff absence
- Perform any other duties as required within the post
- All to be fulfilled in accordance with relevant Nursery Polices including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities.
- Self-reflection skills
- Being organised with time to make most use of quieter periods in the day to complete Observations of children
- You must have good communication skills and be able to work well within a team
- You will need the skill to adapt to the different areas in the nursery
- The candidate will use their own initiative in giving ideas, supporting different activities and interacting with the children, with full supervision and encouragement provided
- Genuine enthusiasm to work with young children.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Have a positive attitude
- GCSE English and Maths – minimum grade 4 / C (or equivalent)
- Potential to progress onto the Early Years Educator Advanced apprenticeship
|Job Category||Early Years Childcare|
|Hours||30 hours per week. You will be required to work 48 weeks per year|
|Salary||£8,640+ per annum depending on experience|