Interviews will take place after the national lockdown.
This is a new role to support our clients Court of Protection team. In simple terms, they will be responsible for making decisions for people who lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs, e.g. due to dementia, injury, a disability or learning difficulties.
Court of Protection work:
- Manage “hard copy” filing i.e. keep paper files in good, up to date order and easily accessible – daily
- Scan post onto our case management system (SOS); attach to individual files, properly naming the documents on SOS file – daily
- Open/close files – as required
- Bank cheques into individual client bank accounts at local branches – as required
- Deal with telephone calls to suppliers ,Department of Work & Pensions, care providers and others – as required
- Type dictated work
- Sort bundles of paperwork (collected from properties/families when we take on new cases)
- Assist with other tasks that may reasonably fall within the context of this role.
- Desired skills
- Numerate – able to understand and work with numbers
- Previous experience of office work useful but not essential
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office – especially Outlook, Word, Excel
- Some knowledge of, or interest in, law and legal terms would be helpful
Desired personal skills
- Confident and polite manner
- Good telephone manner and clear speech
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Presented in a manner appropriate to a professional firm
- Able to understand the importance of confidentiality
- Conscientious and adaptable, shows attention to detail
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard, with excellent written and spoken English
- Our client hopes that the person appointed to this role will develop a long term career within the team and they will support them in achieving this.
|Job Category||Business Administration|
|Salary||£14k-£18k depending on experience|
|Hours||Monday-Friday, 35 hours per week|