Our client is based in a great location in the Brighton South Lanes, and they are looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice. The client offers excellent benefits and good future prospects, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing legal recruitment firm in a business administrative support role.
The initial purpose of the role is to support a designated sales team by taking from them a number of business-critical but time-consuming tasks, some administrative and some more creative, enabling other team members to spend more time with their clients and candidates.
This role will help you to build up your knowledge of recruitment and the legal world and to develop a range of business administration, IT, marketing and customer facing skills. Whilst the role is initially a support function there is plenty of opportunity for career development within the business should this be desired.
The role requires a willingness to carry out routine tasks quickly and efficiently but also offers the scope for you to use your own flair and initiative to find ways to add value to the team. This might be through creating system efficiencies or through creative marketing ideas for example.
CRM database management
- Championing the quality of record keeping on the database for the whole team
- Putting candidates on the system. Coding them and filling in the relevant details.
- Doing a regular search to ensure that all candidates put on the system by consultants in the team are complete and properly coded.
- Ensuring that all the relevant information is being recorded properly on JA by your team
- Formatting CVs
- Checking qualifications online and noting the checks on JA
- Checking for new applications and sending GDPR emails to all new candidates registered by your team members
- Answering the phone, taking messages and basic information from clients and candidates
- Doing regular job board sweeps to identify new potential candidates for the team
- Sifting through applications, removing the totally unsuitable ones and sending the rest through to the relevant consultants.
- Writing and posting job Ads on job boards and preparing LinkedIn job ads for consultants to post
- Submitting candidates through client portals as requested by consultants
- Supporting consultants with social media job posts and other social media content and email marketing campaigns
- Searching for candidates in JA, LinkedIn and job boards for specific roles
- Keeping the whole team updated on good candidates they may be interested in
- Pre- screening/screening candidates for specific roles
- Preparing CVs to be sent to the client
- Sending CVs along with a submission email to the client
- Arranging interviews with candidates and sending interview confirmation emails
- Dealing with candidates all the way through the interview process through to offer stage
- Team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- IT aptitude
- Reasonable attention to detail
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- Knowledge of and aptitude and interest in social media
- Some knowledge of the world of law
Desired personal skills
- Strong work ethic – will get on and get things done
- Initiative -does productive things without waiting to be told what to do.
- Critical thinking – problem solving
- Positive and resilient attitude
- GCSE grades A-C (8-4) or equivalent in English and Maths
- Potential to progress into a full time permanent member of staff after successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
- Get your birthday day off in additional to annual leave entitlement
- The office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you don’t have to use your annual leave entitlement.
- Many of their staff have been with them for years so there is lots of opportunity to learn from highly skilled and experienced colleagues.
- There is comprehensive, bespoke training and support at all stages from their dedicated Training Manager.
- It’s a friendly and sociable team and in non-Covid times they have regular formal and informal social events such as the company sports day.
- Their culture is values driven and there is a family feel in the Brighton office.
- The Managing Director has a 100% approval rating on Glassdoor.
- They also offer a flexible 7.5 hour working day with core hours between 10am and 4pm and the rest to be worked at the Consultant’s discretion. Once probation has been passed they also offer the option to work from home 2 days a week.
|Job Category||Business Administration|
|Salary||£15k-£17k per annum|