Our client is looking for an experienced apprentice to join their team as an Nursery Practitioner. The ideal candidate will have completed the Early Years Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship, and is now looking to progress onto the level 3 Early Years Educator Advanced Apprenticeship.
The client has a flourishing Silverbirch Room (2-3 year olds) Catkins (3 months-14 months) and a Preschool. You will become a highly qualified children’s practitioner as part of a growing and successful nursery.
Working on a full-time basis, your role will include preparing fun and stimulating activities for the children, allowing them to demonstrate their abilities and their personalities to shine. Contributing towards planning and using tapestry to track and record the children’s development. The Nursery prides itself on their team ethic and positive attitude.
- Delivering a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years.
- Ensuring that the preschool nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
- Developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- Responsibility for any tasks delegated by the Deputy Nursery Manager/Nursery Manager
- Completing all academic aspects of the apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of the EYFS and Development Matters
- In depth knowledge of safeguarding practices/legislation
- Ability to create a fun and stimulating environment
- Ability to use initiative and confidently share ideas
- Have a positive attitude and the best interests of the child at heart
- Ability to form strong, trusting relationships with children and parents
- Considered candidates will be required to attend a stay and play session
- Good verbal and written communication
Desired personal qualities
- Strong work ethic
- Initiative and ability to think on feet
- A strong team ethic
- Loves outdoors
- Loves children
- Not afraid to get messy
- Likes animals
- Outgoing and friendly
- Good sense of humour
- Level 2 Childcare qualification
- GCSE English and Maths – minimum grade 4 / C (or equivalent)
- Food hygiene or some knowledge
- Once they have completed the Apprenticeship programme there will be progression through the business from Practitioner to Room Leader, to third in charge, Deputy and Manager. There are and will be plenty of opportunity in the years to come.
Things to consider
- Due to the rural location of the Nursery it is essential you have your own transport.
|Job Category||Early Years Childcare|
|Hours||40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8am-6pm with a half day|
|Salary||National minimum wage depending on age and experience|