Our client based in Hove is looking to recruit am Advanced Accountancy Apprentice. You will support the more experienced members of the team with accounts preparation, tax compliance work and other ad hoc duties for small and medium size businesses and individuals.
The role will provide the opportunity for someone who has a genuine interest in accountancy to start their career in the field. It will enable you to develop your accountancy and taxation knowledge and experience of working within an accountancy practice. The role will be varied and you will be provided ‘on-the-job’ training to support your AAT studies.
- Bookkeeping for incomplete records
- Accounts preparation – sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Completion of tax returns – individual, partnership and corporation tax returns; tax computations; submission of documents to HMRC
- Tagging limited company accounts for onward submission to HMRC
- Liaising with HMRC
- Company secretarial work
- Dealing with correspondence to clients
- Client set-up procedures
- Administrative duties
- IT literate (MS Excel and Word),
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Analytically minded, methodical, have a good attention to detail and have the ability to adapt and learn
- Strong academic background with GCSE Maths and English grades A or B and three A-levels grades A or B (or equivalent)
- Accounting A-level desirable, or recently completed the Level 2 AAT apprenticeship or equivalent.
- After successfully achieving the AAT qualification, the candidate will be considered for a chartered accountant training contract and/or opportunity to progress to a more senior level with the firm and a career within accountancy.
|Hours||Monday-Friday, 38.75 hours per week|
|Salary||£15k per annum|